Montessori Global Teacher Education Institute
MGTEI Certification Courses are intended for adult learners seeking a Montessori credential and working with infants, toddlers, preschoolers, children in the elementary, and adolescents in the secondary levels, ages from birth through 18 years of age.
To be considered as a certified Montessori guide, candidates may choose one of the two course models:
1) In-Residency (the entire face-to-face academic phase)
2) Hybrid (Academic Online + I-R ongoing or summer sessions)
3) Practicum phase for both models: weekend seminars
The candidate must complete all academic components and the teaching practicum as required for each course level at the candidate’s home school or in a MGTEI participating school in the candidate’s local area.
Search Courses (click here) to see each course level, with its description, components summary, academic and practicum clock hours.
1. Complete the MGTEI online application (click here)
2. Print the completed application, sign it, collect documents, and
3. Submit to MGTEI Admissions office (email@example.com)
a. Any college-level transcripts or proof of a high school degree
b. Any Montessori certification awarded
c. 3 (three) professional recommendations
¬ One colleague (two colleagues if self-directed)
¬ Supervising educator (unless self-directed)
¬ School administrator
d. Provided evidence of the ability to practice in a Montessori classroom with children in the age range, accordingly with the candidate chosen level.
e. Submit a resume listing your current employment
f. Pay the $50.00 application fee through PayPal (click here)
1. Confirm receipt of three professional recommendations;
2. Go to Admissions (click here)
Adult Learner Application